Within StoreAutomator, the Masking Quantity setting specifies the maximum level of item quantity sent to the channel irrespective if it is more of the item in stock.
This feature allows you to automate inventory level and stay below listing limits for products across different sales channels.
There is a Product X in StoreAutomator that has 50 pcs in stock. By default, StoreAutomator sends 50 pcs to the listing for each channel and SKU. If you set the Masking quantity like 30 pcs, StoreAutomator will send 30 pcs to the listing until the item’s actual quantity decreases below 30 pcs. If the on-hand stock is lesser than 30 pcs, StroeAutomator will send the exact number of the items in stock to the listing. StoreAutomator can implement this feature on a channel basis for all your products or just shows the SKU basis.
● Masking Quantity functionality is a great way to show scarcity on your listings.
● You can hide how much stock you truly have from your competitors.
● StoreAutomator allows you to circumvent eBay selling limits.
How to Set Masking Quantity for The Entire Channel
● Go to the navigation panel on the relevant channel page, click Channel > Channel Settings > Common.
● Click Inventory header and switch the Masking Quantity button on
● Enter the number of items to be set and click Save.
● If you would like to update the listing immediately, click Synchronize Channel button.
Your settings are ready to show the lesser between the quantity limit and your actual inventory.
How to set Masking Quantity on a per SKU basis
● Go to the navigation panel on the relevant channel page, click Channel > Channel Products.
● Enter the SKU which you want to set Masking Quantity into the search bar
● Select your item and click edit
● Click General > Availability on the channel level.
● Switch the Masking Quantity button on and enter the number of items to be set.
● Click Save & Close the page.
● If you would like to update the listing immediately, select your item and click the force update quantity action button
● Click Synchronize Channel button